Jin Yong universe
Sword of the Yue Maiden
- Aqing (阿青 Āqīng), known as Yuenü (越女 Yuènǚ) – a swordswoman from the state of Yue.
- Fan Li (范蠡 Fàn Lǐ) – a military strategist, politician, and businessman who was an important political and military advisor to the King of Yue.
- Xi Shi (西施 Xī Shī) – a renowned beauty from Yue given to the King of Wu.
- Zheng Dan (郑旦 Zhèng Dān) – a renowned beauty from Yue given to the King of Wu.
- Goujian (勾踐 Gōujiàn) – the King of Yue.
- Wen Zhong (文種 Wén Zhǒng) – an advisor to the King of Yue.
- Fu Chai (夫差 Fū Chāi) – the King of Wu.
Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils
- Qiao Feng (乔峰 Qiáo Fēng), birth name Xiao Feng (萧峰 Xiāo Fēng) – a young and naïve prince of the Dali Kingdom.
- Duan Yu (段誉 Duàn Yù) – the charismatic chief of the Beggars’ Sect who possesses strong leadership qualities and exceptional prowess in martial arts.
- Xuzhu (虚竹 Xūzhú) – a monk from the Shaolin Order with a kind-hearted, submissive personality and a steadfast adherence to the Buddhist code of conduct.
- Wang Yuyan ( 王语嫣 Wáng Yǔyān) – a beautiful and flawless young maiden independent of all worldly traits.
- A’zhu (阿朱 Ā’zhū) – a master in the art of disguise serving the Murong family.
- A’zi (阿紫 Ā’zǐ) – A’zhu’s younger sister and a member of the cruel Xingxiu Sect
- Mu Wanqing (木婉清 Mù Wǎnqīng) – a masked girl forced to follow a strange rule laid down by her master: If any man sees her face, she must either wed or kill him.
- Zhong Ling (钟灵 Zhōng Líng) – a young girl adept in using poisons and had a venomous pet, the Lightning Marten.
- See: Full character list
The Legend of the Condor Heroes
- Guo Jing (郭靖 Guō Jìng)
- Huang Rong (黄蓉 Huáng Róng)
- Yang Kang (杨康 Yáng Kāng)
- Mu Nianci (穆念慈 Mù Niàncí)
The Return of the Condor Heroes
- Yang Guo (杨过 Yáng Guò)
- Xiaolongnü (小龙女 Xiǎolóngnǚ)
The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre
- Zhang Wuji (张无忌 Zhāng Wújì)
- Zhao Min (赵敏 Zhào Mǐn)
- Zhou Zhiruo (周芷若 Zhōu Zhĭruò)
Laughing Proudly at the World
- Linghu Chong (令狐冲 Lìnghú Chōng)
- Ren Yingying (任盈盈 Rén Yíngyíng)
- Ren Woxing (任我行 Rén Wǒxíng)
- Lin Pingzhi (林平之 Lín Píngzhī)
- Yue Buqun (岳不群 Yuè Bùqún)
- Feng Qingyang (風清扬 Fēng Qīngyáng)
- Zuo Lengshan (左冷禅 Zuó Lěngshàn)
Ode to Gallantry
- Shi Potian (石破天 Shí Pòtiān)
Sword Stained with Royal Blood
- Yuan Chengzhi (袁承志 Yuán Chéngzhì) – the son of Yuan Chonghuan.
- Xia Xueyi (夏雪宜 Xià Xuěyí), also known as “Golden Serpent Gentleman” (金蛇郎君 Jīn Shé Lángjūn) – a powerful swordsman with extraordinary skills, charming good looks and a chivalrous personality.
- Xia Qingqing (夏青青 Xià Qīngqīng), also known as Wen Qingqing (温青青 Wēn Qīngqīng) – the daughter of Xia Xueyi and Wen Yi.
- Ajiu (阿九 Ājǐu), also known as Princess Changping (长平公主 Chángpíng Gōngzhǔ) – the second and favourite daughter of the Chongzhen Emperor.
- He Tieshou (何铁手 Hé Tiéshǒu) – the leader of the Five Poisons Cult.
The Deer and the Cauldron
- Wei Xiaobao (韦小宝 Weǐ Xiáobǎo)
- Mu Jianping (沐剑屏 Mù Jiànpíng) – Mu Jiansheng’s younger sister, from the princedom of Yunnan.
- Fang Yi (方怡 Fāng Yí) – Liu Dahong’s apprentice.
- Shuang’er (双兒 Shuāng’ér) is a servant of the Zhuang family in Huzhou.
- Su Quan (苏荃 Sū Quán) – the wife of Hong Antong, the leader of the Mystic Dragon Cult.
- Princess Jianning (建宁公主 Jiànníng Gōngzhǔ) – a younger sister of the Kangxi Emperor.
- Zeng Rou (曾柔 Zēng Róu) – a disciple of the Wangwu Sect.
- Ake (阿珂 Ākē) – the daughter of Li Zicheng and Chen Yuanyuan.
A Deadly Secret
- Di Yun (狄云 Dí Yún)
Blade-dance of the Two Lovers
- Yuan Guannan (袁冠南 Yuán Guànnán)
- Xiao Zhonghui (萧中慧 Xiāo Zhōnghuì)
- Lin Yulong (林玉龙 Lín Yùlóng)
- Ren Feiyan (任飞燕 Rén Fēiyàn)
- Xiao Banhe (萧半和 Xiāo Bànhé)
- Zhuo Tianxiong (卓天雄 Zhuó Tiānxíong)
- Zhou Weixin (周威信 Zhōu Wēixìn)
The Book and the Sword
- Chen Jialuo (陈家洛 Chén Jiāluò) – the chief of the Red Flower Society.
- Huoqingtong (霍青桐 Huòqīngtóng) – the elder daughter of Muzhuolun.
- Kasili (喀丝丽 Kǎsīlì), also known as Princess Fragrance (香香公主 Xiāngxiāng Gōngzhǔ) – the younger daughter of Muzhuolun.
- The Qianlong Emperor (乾隆皇帝 Qiánlóng Huángdì) – the ruler of the Qing Empire.
Other Tales of the Flying Fox
- Hu Fei (胡斐 Hú Fěi)
- Hu Yidao (胡一刀; Hú Yīdāo) – Hu Fei’s father, a forthright and gregarious hero whose skills are legendary..
- Miao Renfeng (苗人凤 Miáo Rénfèng) – a powerful martial artist of equal fame as Hu Yidao.
- Cheng Lingsu (程灵素; Chéng Língsù) – the apprentice of the “King of Venoms”.
- Yuan Ziyi (袁紫衣 Yuán Zǐyī), also known as Yuanxing (圆性; Yuánxìng) – Feng Tiannan’s illegitimate daughter.
Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain
- Hu Fei (胡斐 Hú Fěi), nicknamed “Fox Volant of the Snowy Mountain” (雪山飛狐; xuěshān fēihú) – son of Hu Yidao.
- Hu Yidao (胡一刀 Hú Yīdāo) – a legendary hero from Liaodong.
- Miao Renfeng (苗人凤鳳 Miáo Rénfèng) – a formidable martial artist nicknamed “Golden Faced Buddha” (金面佛; jīnmiànfó).
- Miao Ruolan (苗若兰 Miáo Ruòlán) is Miao Renfeng’s daughter.
- Tian Guinong (田归农 Tián Guīnóng) is a descendant of one of the four bodyguards.
- Ping Asi (平阿四 Píng Āsì) is a young man indebted to Hu Yidao.
- Nan Lan (南兰 Nán Lán) – Miao Renfeng’s wife and Miao Ruolan’s mother.
White Horse Neighing in the Wind
- Li Wenxiu (李文秀 Lǐ Wénxìu) is the protagonist of the story.
- Hua Hui (华辉 Huà Huī), nicknamed “Make Jiangnan Tremble with One Finger” (一指震江南; yīzhǐ zhèn jiāngnán), is a hermit who teaches Li Wenxiu martial arts.
- Ma Jiajun (马家骏 Mǎ Jiājùn) is the real name of Old Man Ji (计老人 Jì Lǎorén), the elderly Han Chinese man who raised the orphaned Li Wenxiu.
- Li San (李三 Lǐ Sān) and Shangguan Hong (上官虹 Shàngguān Hóng) are Li Wenxiu’s parents, who were killed at the beginning of the story.
- Supu (苏普 Sūpǔ) is a Kazakh youth and Li Wenxiu’s childhood playmate. He was originally Li Wenxiu’s lover but is later forced by his father to give up on Li due to ethnic prejudice.
- Aman (阿曼 Āmàn) is a Kazakh maiden who becomes Supu’s new lover.
- Chen Dahai (陈达海 Chén Dáhǎi) is the leader of the bandits who killed Li Wenxiu’s parents.
- “Three Heroes of Lüliang” (吕梁三杰 Lǚliáng Sān Jié):
- Huo Yuanlong (霍元龙 Huò Yuánlóng), nicknamed “Divine Saber Trembles Guanxi” (神刀震关西 shéndāo zhèn guānxī).
- Shi Zhongjun (史仲俊 Shǐ Zhòngjùn), nicknamed “Plum Blossom Spear” (梅花枪 méihuāqiāng).
- Ding Tong (丁同 Dīng Tóng), nicknamed “Two Headed Snake” (两头蛇 liǎngtoúshé).