The first book revolves around the adventures of Duan Yu.
Adventures of the Youth 《少年游》
- Chapter 1 – Righteous scholar travelled the perilous peak
- Chapter 2 – Moonlight shone brightly on the beautiful cliff
- Chapter 3 – A swift horse with a masked lady
- Chapter 4 – High on the cliff away from others
- Chapter 5 – Tiny steps borne from ripple
- Chapter 6 – Whose disciple and whose estate
- Chapter 7 – Helplessly regret being unfaithful
- Chapter 8 – Majestic and resounding music
- Chapter 9 – A lady married to a fitting place
- Chapter 10 – Gleaming sword across dark smoke
Each verse in the poem refers to a key scene or summarises the events in each chapter. This poem uses the 《少年游》 tone pattern, as indicated by the book’s title.
中 stands for middle tone. 平 stands for level tone. 仄 stands for oblique tone. (韵) indicates a rhyme.
The righteous scholar travelled the perilous peak, moonlight shone brightly on the beautiful cliff.
A swift horse with a masked lady, high on the cliff away from others, tiny steps borne from ripples.
Whose disciple and whose estate, helplessly regret being unfaithful.
Majestic and resounding music, a lady married to a fitting place, gleaming sword across dark smoke.