Wuxia power ranking

Discuss about anything related to wuxia.

Topic author
Jenxi
Administrator
Administrator

Wuxia power ranking

Post by Jenxi » February 7, 2015 at 4:36 AM

I posted this joke in the previous forum. Posting it again here.

Immortal

1. Damo - I'm a deity, not a human. Thus, I'm incomparable.

2. Sweeper Monk - I'm the reincarnation of the guy above. Half a deity. Immune to the ultimate moves of numbers 8 and 13. Killed number 16 with one strike and stared number 15 to death, and revived both with a touch.

3. Dugu Qiubai - The lad Yang Guo took one of my eight swords. Look at him now.

4. Xiaoyaozi - I'm the founder of the Xiaoyao Sect. Wuyazi? Beiming Shengong? He has to call me shifu.

5. Dongfang Bubai - You know, without the constraints of gender, it is a lot easier to practice martial arts.

Legendary

6. Xuzhu - Number 4, do you have any disciples for me to absorb their internal energies? I haven't had enough.

7. Duan Yu - I might not be able to defeat a certain guy, but I definitely can conquer any woman.

8. Xiao Feng - I'm a real man. My abilities are all mine, not taken from anyone!

9. Yang Guo - If I had two arms, I would've been second! Hey, number 7! Can you conquer my aunt?

10. Linghu Chong - Laughter like the sea, surging to wet both shores. Yingying mocks my insanity and yet can't help but find me extraordinary refined.

11. Wang Chongyang - Let me reiterate an issue. During the sparring on Mount Hua back then, it was four against one. Moreover, number 24 was in his transformed state.

12. Feng Qingyang - One must not be constrained by what is thrown at oneself. Understand? Think on that. I'll go back into seclusion.

Masters

13. Zhang Wuji - Some say that I'm adorable, others curse my uselessness. I only have one thing to say: I'll be a noble person, not a real man.

14. Guo Jing - Anyone wants to compete with me in the rigid logical thinking?

15. Xiao Yuanshan - Son! Kill all those above me! They mock us Liao people!

16. Murong Bo - Son! You are too weak!

17. Zhou Botong - I don't seek fame or fortune. I'm out of this world. My heart is pure. I only fear women.

18. Zhang Shanfeng - Taiji is a profound martial art but it is belittled by others because it is too general. Sigh...

19. Wuyazi - Someone lives but he is already dead, someone is dead but she still lives!

20. Wu Xingyun aka Tianshan Tonglao - Canghai meimei, can't our abilities be higher?

21. Li Qiushui - Shixiong, I'm as beautiful as Canghai and I'm even gentler than her. What do I lack?

22. Xiaolongnü - Where are you, Guo'er? It's scary here. All these people are so disgusting.

23. Jinlun Fawang - I'm a peerless fighter, but I feel so uncertain here.

24. Ouyang Feng - Excuse me, where can I find the original copy of the Nine Yin Manual?

25. Hong Qigong - Ancestor Xiao Feng, something seems to be wrong with the Eighteen Dragon-subduing Palms!

26. Yideng - I'm quite sure that I'm the relative of number 7.

27. Huang Yaoshi - Why must manuals be split into two parts? I spent my whole life reading the second half of the Nine Yin Manual, but I can't guess what the first part is about.

28. Jiumozhi - I was lucky to have witnessed the martial arts of the Central Plain, then I swore never to practice martial arts again.

29. Duan Yanqing - To experience the brief romance that gave me a seventh-ranked son, I have no regrets.

30. You Tanzhi - A'zi! I'm hideous but I'm infatuated! The heavens blessed me, but it turns out that it is to ravage me.

31. Qiu Qianren - If it wasn't for the sinful beast Qiu Qianzhang ruining my reputation, would I be ranked so low?

32. Ding Chunqiu - Without a traditional villain like me, how can you people climb to the top?

33. Murong Fu - To restore Yan, I will sacrifice anyone. For the future, I bear with the pain. To abandon love, I shed no tears.

34. Cheng Kun - The good is strong, but the evil is ten times stronger! I'm not the last!

35. Yuan Chengzhi - I'm glad I made it onto the chart.

Zhao Yun
Novice

Re: Wuxia power ranking

Post by Zhao Yun » February 18, 2015 at 5:36 AM

There is a general trend of the power level tapering off in the later generations. Instead of a distillation of knowledge, there is a dilution. I guess the exception is Dongfang Bubai.

Topic author
Jenxi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jenxi » April 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Zhao Yun wrote:There is a general trend of the power level tapering off in the later generations. Instead of a distillation of knowledge, there is a dilution. I guess the exception is Dongfang Bubai.
Yes, the practice of martial arts peaked, and the legendary techniques were not properly passed down through the generations. Hence the tapering off.

东方不败
Novice

Post by 东方不败 » April 25, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Woot! I'm the exception!

Topic author
Jenxi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jenxi » April 26, 2015 at 4:29 AM

东方不败 wrote:Woot! I'm the exception!
It's pretty... unorthodox though.

Phoenix
Newcomer

Post by Phoenix » May 19, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Jenxi wrote:
Zhao Yun wrote:There is a general trend of the power level tapering off in the later generations. Instead of a distillation of knowledge, there is a dilution. I guess the exception is Dongfang Bubai.
Yes, the practice of martial arts peaked, and the legendary techniques were not properly passed down through the generations. Hence the tapering off.
My theory is that the masters don't pass down all their techniques for fear of usurping. They keep superior skills hidden just in case. As time passes from generation to generation, well...super skills are lost as each generation is taught less and less.

wind
Newcomer

Post by wind » May 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Phoenix wrote:
Jenxi wrote:
My theory is that the masters don't pass down all their techniques for fear of usurping. They keep superior skills hidden just in case. As time passes from generation to generation, well...super skills are lost as each generation is taught less and less.
but don't they worry that their techniques aren't pass on? and if they discovered new techniques won't they want it to be passed on instead of being lost? there should come a time when they know they will be surpassed and think more of preserving the techniques rather than their superiority...

Topic author
Jenxi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jenxi » May 19, 2015 at 11:02 PM

wind wrote:
but don't they worry that their techniques aren't pass on? and if they discovered new techniques won't they want it to be passed on instead of being lost? there should come a time when they know they will be surpassed and think more of preserving the techniques rather than their superiority...
Yeah, I agree... Why spend their whole lives trying to reach the pinnacle and discover the mysteries of martial arts, only to let their discoveries die with them?

But what Phoenix suggested could be true as well. I guess it depends on the personality of the individuals. If the master is out to rule the world and has a lot to lose, then it makes sense for them not to reveal all their secrets. For example, a master with three famed techniques would pass one to each of his three disciples. That's kind of like Hungba in Fung Wan.

东方不败
Novice

Post by 东方不败 » May 22, 2015 at 2:01 AM

Jenxi wrote:
东方不败 wrote:Woot! I'm the exception!
It's pretty... unorthodox though.
Hey whatever works right? :lol:

东方不败
Novice

Post by 东方不败 » May 22, 2015 at 2:02 AM

Phoenix wrote:
Jenxi wrote:
Yup, yup. Definitely don't want people ursuping me! :lol: